This whole week had a very friday-ish feeling to it. I always thought it would be weekend soon. And now that it is there I am kind of surprised. It all went by pretty fast. I recently have been completely obsessed with Marion´s blog forestdoll. There are hardly any girl bloggers out there who are so real and so nice as her. I love to read blogs where the writer shows his or her real personality in small details and trust me: You´ll love her too. Now let´s move on to this week´s questions, shall we?
1) Why do you think that most people have an issue with really being themselves? Unlike your cat or dog, why do we try to be somebody else?
2) What makes a good pillow? Do you use soft or hard ones?
3) What is your favorite pair of shoes?
4) Do you judge people by their looks?
5) What is your favorite kind/brand of chocolate?
1) I think that we somehow forget who we really are. As a child you don´t really think about it too much. Until we get criticized for the first time and we start to grow self-conscious. "Am I good enough? Why don´t they like me? Do I need to be better?" So we start looking out for other people who (we think) have made it. We adapt their behavior and thus unlearn to be our self. We have to rediscover who we are and not try to be somebody else.
2) I like them in between. If they are to hard, my ear starts to hurt. If they are too soft, I tend to get a neck ache. I need to be able to form them.
3) My strawberry-field colored sneakers.
4) I do. I judge them by how much they try to make the best of themselves. Are they trying to make a difference? Are they well groomed? (that sounds wrong somehow). Are they happy with their appearance?
5) Oh, tough one. I like the fair trade Mascao chocolate, but Lindt & Sprüngli are sooo good as well. Duh, really can´t decide. (yes, I´m a cheater!)
5 things I am grateful for today:
- Landliebe pudding is my favorite chocolate pudding. Plus oreos! I will never stop to eat sweets, haha!
- falling madly in love with twitter
- getting so much work done in so little time
- laughing out loud at a meeting