|DIY Geometric Paper Ornaments by FieldGuideDesign|
Here in Austria school holidays started this Friday. It´s the first time for me that I won´t return home with a school certificate in my hands. Very weird feeling when you know your time of being a student is over. My brother and I used to sit together and talk about the joys and difficulties we experienced, the teachers and our favorite subjects. Now it´s more a monologue.
Some sort of sadness took hold of me. I liked being a student. Not necessarily for of the social aspect of it. I was never the kind of girl to sit in a large group. I always carefully chose the people that I wanted to spend more time with, as their attitudes and thoughts rub off on me. I liked being a student for the time you had for a lesson. It was not tied down to money. The pressure was different. But then again as I sit here on this hot summerday, I know that I am still learning. You never stop to be a student of life.
Imagine it like learning japanese and trying to read a newspaper. Every character is something new and you look forward to understanding it. You will need to repeat some lessons, because occassionally you forget what you have already learned. Life is a language after all. Every soul on this planet speaks the same language, but our ability to speak it is burried under expectations and the rat race we are all supposed to be in.
For today let´s relax and enjoy the holiday mood that happy students spread around us!
♥ If you are watching My Drunk Kitchen you will know these supercute measuring cups that look like cute cats. Plus: I really really love this Paw Me a Cup Tea Set in Cat so much!!!
♥ Do you use coasters? Then you will like to make these easy and quick custom coasters for your home by fellow fellow.
♥ I want to make a party that is decorated just like the wonderful Teahouse Studio from apartment therapy. So much love has been put into the wonderful details. Sigh.
♥ Adorably cute no-melt popsicle invitations by Martha Steward. Nom nom!
♥ Bohemian bedroom for under 1000$? Justina Blakeney did a good job on this one.
5 things I am grateful for today:
- The very relaxed and happy mood that I am in after last night´s concert by Amerling. I´m also working on their CD cover and design and I am so happy to know these talented and very likeable musicians.
- Eating Applestrudel and Vanilla pudding for lunch.
- Wearing big dresses from the children´s section with cute polka dots on them. They are the best for this hot weather and it makes me think that it´s actually very convenient to be tiny.
- Listening to Björk´s Verspertine album and feeling the happiness that comes from the joy of listening to her music.
- Walking barefoot, no matter where or when.
Have a happy weekend!!