There is something about going on a short vacation in a camper with your family. You notice how little space you need for sleeping. You see that there is a surprisingly high number of Italians having their summer vacation in Austria.
(Why though, Italians? You country is so very beautiful! And you have the sea!) You hear cowbells even at night. It´s precious and wonderful. One of the things that I love about Austria so much is that the countryside changes so quickly only within an hour of driving. If you come here, you will see that Burgenland is totally different to Vorarlberg.
For some impressions of the trip, have a look at the little video below:
My favorite part was probably the Botanic Garden. (As you surely noticed.) It might not be as huge as the one in Vienna, but everything about it is so cute. A very nice hiding place, hardly anyone else there. Whenever I am on a city trip, I figure that I am not really somebody who likes to have lots of people around. I actually get the feeling that I should bolt from crowded places. So I suggest if you ever go to Salzburg: Don´t take the weekends! We´ve been there on a Monday and it still was filled with tourists.
5 things I am grateful for today:
- A restaurant nearby has a waiter, who is really super cute *tiny crush*
- Talking with a friend overseas and knowing that distance is no limit to friendship.
- Ordering something special for my camera. I´m looking forward to showing you when it arrives!
- Not having any problem whatsoever with spending tons of time alone.
- Waking up at 6am and still having 2 hours time to read before heading to work.
Happy Thursday to you!