I am determined to create a children's book. Right now I am working on the characters and bringing up a story. There are hardly any other moments when I feel more excited, yet calm, focused, happy and generally just living right now, without over-thinking things. I am in this very moment, nothing more, nothing less and I do the task at hand. I am not the person who needs to go on a roller coaster ride every week to feel like there´s something going on in my life.
In fact I find myself being happiest when I get to sit somewhere with my art supplies and listen to music. Occasionally hang out with a well selected group of people that I cherish and love. Invite them over for a cup of tea or dinner. Go outside for a small walk. Only to then sit down again and do what happens to be my favorite thing: drawing.
I think that everyone has a resemblance to a certain animal and when I think of a character, I try to figure out what animal it would be, that dwells within him and represents him or her the best. It´s tricky since it´s only my own interpretation. If you had to choose an animal, which one would you be?
Here is a little sneak peek into my apartment. The stuff that you see above is only a part of what I got. My family is the best, everyone helped me with the transport and with putting together all the furniture. We had a blast of a time, eating pizza on the floor and mixing up all sorts of pieces that weren´t supposed to go together. (IKEA has instruction manuals that are great, but some parts really do look similar and the only way they differ is a small dot on one side that can easily be mistaken for flyspeck…) You will get to see a lot more from the apartment next week.
By the way, I created a tumblr as a sort of portfolio, in case you want to take a look:
5 things I am grateful for today:
- Raw tiramisu! So delicious! And you only really need a tiny bit of it in order to be completely satisfied. Yumm yumm! I think I will try to go partially raw. :)
- Sleeping for 10 hours straight. This is the first time in my holidays that I managed to sleep more than 5 hours. Don´t ask me why, it seems like the last full moon has been very powerful.
- Almost 5pm and I´m still in my pjs. ^____^
- Finally one space where I can upload my artwork to without it being lost in online space.
- Cider vinegar heals all hickups that your skin should have. Since my parents produce organic vinegar with roses, I am really blessed to have the best products around.
Happy Sunday to you!